About This Page

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Do you Have Gangnam Style?

About two weeks ago YG's PSY released a new song called Gangnam style. I have to admit, I been on the YG website quite a bit and have seen the artist's profile there, but never really found myself checking out his bio too extensively. Casually I have looked at his photos as they display a comedic man filled with a unique jester like style. A funny man. However, now with the new release out, I went back and did some digging up on PSY. I like to know what my artists are about. And I like this man. And... I love his song.

Gangnam Style has.... it's own style. With catchy beats, a hilarious video, with kick ass dancing.... yeah I said it....  which has it blasting through every radio cornerstone of Korea stretching over Asia to the Kpop lover's here in the USA.

But it hasn't stopped there. No, no.... Gangnam Style has poured into the open ears and blabbing mouths of even those who are not Kpoppers. In fact, It was a friend of mine, who by no means really cares for Kpop or any Asian music entertainment, who posted the song's MV to my Facebook wall, knowing full well how much I love and respect it. My friend simply wrote to me: "I can't stop listening to this." From there other mutial friends joined in on the convo adding their input and like to the song.

But Gangnam Style has gone further still then just my friends. As of today, PSY's "Gangnam Style" has reached CNN's news station. WHOA! How many other Americans, like my friends, has this song captured??! As from allpop's site: http://www.allkpop.com  they have a video of the CNN broad cast surrounding the discussion on PSY and his newly acclaimed exposure here in the US.






It's said that in one of the takes, two of big bang's members, Daesung and Seungrie, are dressed up as the older men adding their support to the artist's new single.


Do You Like Gangnam Style?


No comments:

Post a Comment