About This Page

Monday, August 6, 2012

"Fly So High"

Yesterday was the first time I ever flown in a plane. I was so scared! The build up prior to boarding had my heart beating in my head with adrenaline pumping throughout my entire body. I got lost in the terminal and yelled at a few times by security because of a few minor mistakes. :(


Then came time to get on the plane. Walking down this long corridor which lead into the body of the Delta Airline plane, I felt my body go numb, my head was buzzing with fear and worry. I managed to get into my seat and buckled up. I find it so funny... why do we wear seat belts in an airplane? I am fully aware that if the plane decides to crash... my seat belt is not going to make the difference in saving my life like it would in a ground vehicle.

As we took off I seriously felt everything in me yield into fear. Paralyzed.

Did I mention I'm scared of heights?

I get laughed at by old people because I get nervous on a Ferris wheel.

However, after I came down from my ludicrous fear I decided to pop in my ear phones and listen to some K-pop to help ease and soothe me. 

As I was listening to Cube Entertainment's "Fly so High", SISTAR's "Alone" and a few City Hunter soundtracks such as "Love" by Yim Jae Beum, along with other K-pop songs, I felt my fears melt away. I looked outside the small plane window and took in what I swear is the most beautiful scenery any human being could experience seeing. The blue sky paired with fluffy white clouds along with the patterns of earth below, It was enough for me to be so inspired and left me in awe.

It was surreal, like I was caught in a dream.  And with my K-pop beats tapping into my ear... It made my experience that much more pleasurable. Made me feel like I had never really experienced living before until that point. I think I fell in love with plane travel and K-pop all the more because of it. It makes me more excited for my 16 hour flight to Korea, after my graduation from my university here in Long Island.

Here's a List of some of some of the songs I listened to on my Travels from Atlanta Georgia to New York (Click the links to Spotify to hear): I think Fly so High was so suiting... and was the first one I played while I was up there....

Beast – Fly So High
G.NA – Nice To Meet You (with WheeSung)K.will & Hyorin (SISTAR) – Whenever You Call

Girl's Day – Cupid (OST City Hunter)
Yim Jae Beum (임재범) – Love (사랑) - City Hunter Sound Track
Kim Bo Kyung (김보경) – Suddenly - City Hunter Sound Track8
4Minute – Moreuneun Cheog
K. Will – Miss Miss and Miss
T-ARA (티아라) – Lovey-Dovey
T-Ara – Cry Cry
Brown Eyed Girls – Abracadabra (Dondake Beauty Mix)
Bigbang – Fantastic Baby
IU – Cruel Fairy Tale
SNSD Tiffany – I'm Alone 나 혼자서
2NE1 – Lonely


No comments:

Post a Comment