About This Page

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Shout out to Bi Rain

I know this is old news... and long over due to even go back to talking about this topic but I can't help myself. One of my favorite k-pop artists of all time and certainly millions of others too, is Bi (Rain/ 비) actual name Jung Ji-hoon, who has been absent from his music and acting occupation due to being enlisted in the Korean Army. Origionally I was looking up information on Kim Nam-Gil's enlistment in the army because I am currently watching Bad Guy (나쁜 남자) which he stars as the main actor. But I get curious in my searches as sometimes more questions then answers come up and when punching in "Korean army" into my browser Bi's headlines pop up everywhere. So I get sucked in. Normal symptoms of a K-pop Addict. ;)


So doing some snooping I come across this post with a video and have to ask how can you not get emotional watching this? I know it was a year ago... but seeing a high ranking celebrity like him come forth to his fans and bow to them and then cry... its so touching. this man is really incredible.

Be sure to scroll down to view the Video and the translations with it.


Video of Bi's goodbyes to Fans Gets Emotional

I know he's an extremely hardworking guy. After filming ninja assassin here in the USA he flew back to Korea where he gave a concert just two days later! I know I read somewhere (my mind is eluding me can't remember) that his mentor had come to Bi's home once, where he saw paper notes and sticky pads all over Bi's place with quotes from him including others who helped Bi ever since he debuted in 2002. He considers everything.

October 11th 2011 was Bi's enlistment for the 22 month long enrollment in the Korean Army, where he was reported to be doing quite well and has been said to have a "talent for shooting?" Ranking as a high marksman among others in his platoon. As of lately he is now assigned to be teaching new recruits, sharing his skills in shooting. Oh my... well I guess with Bi's drive to learn and take everything he does with serious effort, it's with no doubt that he can do anything he puts his focus on, from being a music icon, to acting, to now being one of the highest ranking shooters in his camp.

 We're waiting for your return Bi... your fans are counting down the days to July 10th 20213.

No comments:

Post a Comment