About This Page

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Running Man for now Stops Running

Well It's only been day one since one of my favorite shows, "Running Man" has been postponed due to the Olympics. For those who are unfamiliar with the show, It's one of Korea's popular variety shows, In which a main cast have to complete challenges, play games, and complete certain tasks or missions. Usually in running man the missions are done in a "every man for himself" with a new guest(s) each week. Guests range from old time actors to contemporary artists such as Big Bang.

I have seen some speculation on Drama Fever's Facebook account, and the SBS Running Man Office on Twitter that running man was said not be scheduled to air for at least three weeks! And from Ha Dong Hoon's twitter (cast member of running man) I guess there was some confusion that SBS would find an alternate networking channel to air running man for the time being. But I guess more clarification on the matter resulted that running man will not be airing at all and will be resuming on the 5th of August. I hope the buzz from this confusion is over. 

So a question I want to ask those who love running man too, who is who is your favorite member in Running Man? I'm Honestly caught between Ha Dong Hoon also known as Ha ha. And Lee Kwang Soo also known as Giraffe or "Betrayer!" 


Kwang Soo suffering through spicy octopus
 
Ha Ha with his endless expressions

 But I find that I also adore Ace Ji-hyo. She's one of the cleverest ones one the show and the only female representative. Props to her for keeping up with and several times out doing the boys! Gary... I can't help but laugh every time I think of him, he's a cutie pie but is ranking low in being cleaver. Often being ousted for silly mistakes or making poor decisions. Nonetheless he's one of my other favorite members of the Running man team. And let's not forget Monday couple, the spark of romance between Gary and Ji-hyo, which tons of fans wish to see rekindled.

Jae Suk 100th Episode
Suk Jin the co-member in the "easy brother" duo with Lee Kwang Soo, is also known as "Big Nose Brother." I find that when him and Kwang Soo even attempt to come up with plans to win or even try to take each other out its so sad its funny. Though I feel most of the time Suk Jin is in the background most of the time out shined by his co-stars, he does have his moments when he adds to the flavor of this incredibly hilarious variety show. 

Jae Suk cannot leave him out of the convo. Nick named Grasshopper because he is continuously wearing green as said to be his favorite color, he's innovative, funny, and the host of the show. Though this doesn't mean he gets any freebies from the producer or his opponents. His chemistry with Ha Ha is off the charts. Get these two in a room together and your ribs will be crushed with non-stop laughter.



Kookie
Jong Kook known as "the commander" "Tiger" and "Kookie." I LOVE THIS MAN! He is the physical opponent of the entire team. Often scaring his opponents with his might, strength, and skill, but often leaving viewers laughing. This man is not to be trifled with.  If there is a challenge that need to be done, it is usually assumed that Kookie will get it done. This past week's Olympic edition on Running man featured the entire team to work together, a rarity! And Kookie took charge in coaching his "teammates."

So I leave you guys with no definitive answer for my own question. I love Ha Ha  for his incredible sense of humor and quick to think on your feet intellect. He seriously makes me go "Haha." And Kwang Soo... he may be a betrayer and often referred to, as by the others, as one of the most "useless" characters on the show... but its his weaknesses that I love most about him. Because he is so tall and has no use for it, because he attempts at outwitting others but getting caught, because he is an "easy brethren" after all, I cannot decide between the two. 
The Team




So Whose Your Favorite Running Man Cast Member?
















No comments:

Post a Comment