About This Page

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Supporting the EYK Family

If there is one thing I love about the internet, its amazing bloggers and video vlog artists like Simon and Martina who are the hosts of Eat Your Kimchi at Eatyourkimchi.com. Yesterday morning when I got online I saw a post from the two Canadians, now living in Korea, that they were in need of help. They announced that they will be continuing their website and will be building a EatYourKimchi  business in Seoul, about 15 minutes from where they are currently living. However, they needed to buy a townhouse studio to make it work, and as for foreigners living in Korea, making a business there is way expensive on top of the expenses to purchase a living space in what is one of the top busiest cities in the world. So they gave a shout out to their viewers stating that if only half of their 200,000 subscribers were to donate even $1 it would be more than enough for them to get the townhouse studio.

Check It out Here:




After watching this video, could you imagine how excited I was to donate to these guys? I didn't even care about the perks they were offering. I just thought, "wow... I could actually help someone who has indirectly impacted my life by making me laugh and become more Korea Knowledgeable everyday." I felt that by donating I would have helped EYK continue and grow to be better. And apparently I wasn't the only person who felt this way, as masses of donations pooled into EYK's donation poll. Their donation goal was set at $40,000 and was surpassed in and incredible 7 hours! Record breaking success much? And last I checked their donation amounts were still growing! And these guys have 45 days left to keep receiving donations!


Pic was taken at around 1am NY time zone, take note of the Money Raised shown to the right

Now come to realize... I wasn't going to get paid till the next day I thought "oh no, they might not take any more donations since they reached their goal." But some of the other viewers commented to my concerns that they will still be receiving donations till October. And Just a few moments ago (4:00am) I made sure I made my contribution to them! And got my perty little face up there on their "Nasty Wall of Fame." ^_^ <w00t!)

I may be a poor independent college student who is having the hardest of times with money right now, but I feel that supporting someone or something that really makes a difference in my life is really worth the small sacrifice. As someone who is planning to go to Korea to teach, as Simon and Martina initially did before their vlogging business took over, I have learned so much about what life for a foreigner in Korea is like. My capacity to understand what the experience there will be like is more finely tuned because of these two. It's almost as good as being there except you can't smell the kimchi.

Simon, Martina take this as all of our "Thank Yous" to you for enriching our lives with humor and knowledge. You really do rock.



Want to donate too? Direct Donation Link

No comments:

Post a Comment